It´s common in
It´s common inmany families that the children get a watch for a special occasion. So did I for my confirmation, my Abitur and for graduating from LSE. For the last event I had a special watch in mind, a fashionable one with a few diamonds from a rather young brand. My father refused to buy me this watch and I´m very thankful for that today. However, it took me a while to realise ;). In his worlds "you should rather own a watch from ROLEX - you will wear it for a lifetime". So in the end I was very lucky and happy to receive a ROLEX GMT Master II. Wearing this watch nearly everyday made me think why the brand ROLEX has such a reputation & why I think it´s such a good buy. Hence, here are 10 reasons why this brand is one of a kind:
- While this certainly depends from model to model, a ROLEX preserves its value and some watches even increase their worth, especially if it´s a limited edition.
- Their design is timeless. The brand doesn´t fundamentally change their designs so it is assumable that you will love the ROLEX you buy forever.
- Worn by inspirational icons such as Charlotte Casiraghi, Steve McQueen or Martin Luther King.
- Founded in 1905 - you realise this is not a trend but a tradition, here to stay
- The brand is privately held and independent.
- Although 2000 watches are produced per day and there are machines used during the manufacturing, the movements are hand assembled & tested.
- There is an alluring mystery about this watch manufacturer. With probably the strongest security measures in the industry and conservative PR we will never know everything about the brand.
- They employ many gemologists, who constantly test the gemstones. Apparently only 2 in 20 million stones they bought over the last decades were fake. So don´t worry about those stones.
- Good things take time. According to the brand most watches take a year from producing the metal to sending it out to the jeweler.
- The dial, bracelet, bezel and even the gold (!) are made in-house.